DPU Templates section of the main menu shows a list of accessible DPU templates (see Configuration Template in Glossary) in the system. The List of DPU templates is represented in the DPU Templates Tree. A casual user with the role User can see DPU templates created by him in this tree and DPU templates being public. The User is available to edit and delete only DPU templates created by him. A user with the role Administrator can see, edit and delete all DPU templates in the system created by all users.
Main screen of menu DPU Templates consists of:
- DPU Templates Tree at the left part.
- DPU Template Details (selected) at the right part.
- Action buttons with necessary functions at the top and at the bottom of DPU template details.
DPU Templates Tree
DPU Templates Tree panel consists of:
- Collection of DPU templates which are initially categorized by Extractors, Transformers and Loaders.
- At the first level: three predefined types - Extractors/Transformers/Loaders
- At the second level: DPU templates which correspond directly with the certain JAR file (plugin implementation) and contain default configuration defined by the JAR file (if not overwritten)
- At the third level: DPU templates which use the same JAR file as parent DPU templates, but define specific configuration of the parent DPU template as a default configuration.
- Tree filters: tree can be filtered in two ways
- If Only private DPU templates checkbox is selected, then the DPU Templates Tree contains a list of all DPU templates, that have been created by currently logged user. DPU templates created by the current user are in a blue color in the tree.
- DPU Template Tree can be filtered by typing in the filter field located above the tree - it filters the names of the DPU templates.
DPU Template Details
The user can select DPU template in the DPU Templates Tree. As a result, details about this DPU template will be shown in the DPU Template Details area. Displayed details depend on the nature of the DPU.
If the user selects Extractors/Transformers/Loaders at the first level in the tree, instead of details a "Select DPU template from the DPU template tree for displaying it's details" message will be shown. If the user selects DPU template at the second or third level in the tree, the following details are displayed (on the separated tabs):
- General tab displays the name, description (common fields for all DPU templates), visibility, information about JAR file (path, description of JAR), the button for JAR replace.
- Template Configuration tab - the custom configuration dialog is placed here (specific for different DPU templates)
- DPU Instances tab displays a list of pipelines with the DPU instances derived from the selected DPU template.
At the General tab the user can view the Name, Description, Visibility of the DPU template and information about JAR file.
If the user is a creator of this DPU template or he has an Administrator role in the system he is also authorised to change Name and Description of the DPU template and replace JAR file by pressing on Replace button. The user can change Visibility only if it is in Private state. Visibility component in Public (ReadOnly) state is always disabled.
If the user changes some settings in DPU Template Details area and he has permissions to do it the button Save under the details becomes enabled.
For saving changes the user need to press the Save button. If the user tries to select another DPU template from the tree or leaves the DPU Templates section without saving, the system will show confirmation dialog Unsaved changes.
The user should press the Save button if he would like to save the changes in DPU Template Details or the Discard changes button if he would not like to save changes.
If the user has no permission to change DPU Template Detail the button Save under details dialog stays disabled and confirmation window does not appear.
The button Replace is enabled only if the user has permissions to replace JAR file (the user has an Administrator role or the user is a creator of this DPU template). To replace JAR file the user needs to press the Replace button and select new JAR file, after that the uploading starts automatically. In the case of larger files the Status window appears (the same window is described in DPU Template Creation). After successful replacing the user gets a "Replace finished" message.
The changes after replacing JAR file are saved automatically. The user does not need to press the Save button.
Template Configuration tab
Content of Template Configuration tab is generated dynamically by DPU itself. In the picture Template configuration tab of SPARQL Extractor is shown.
DPU instances tab
DPU instances tab is represented as a table containing a list of pipelines with the DPU instances (see DPU instance in Glossary) derived from the selected DPU template.
The table consists of the following columns:
- Name - name of a pipeline .
- Actions - action buttons:
- Detail -redirects the user to Pipeline detail page of a particular pipeline.
- Delete - deletes a pipeline from the system.
- Status - shows dialog with a pipeline’s statistics: last run, number of runs.
Actions with DPU template
Copy DPU Template
To copy DPU template the user should press the Copy button disposed under the details dialog. After that DPU template will be copied and placed to the third level of the DPU Template Tree. New DPU template is pre-filled with the values of copied DPU template and initially has a name in a form of "Copy of" + name of copied DPU template. The user can change this name in DPU Template Detail dialog.
Delete DPU template
To delete DPU template from the system the user should press the Delete button under details dialog.
Before DPU template is deleted, the system shows a confirmation window.
The user should press the Delete button if he really wants to remove DPU template from the system. Selected DPU template will be deleted, but only if it does not figure on any pipeline - in other words, if there is no DPU instance derived directly or indirectly from the deleted DPU template. If DPU template is being used in any pipeline, the system shows a message that DPU template cannot be removed.
If DPU template was removed successful the system shows a message "DPURecord was removed".
Create DPU template
Read more about DPU template creation on DPU template creation page.